Thanks for trying out the FREE PMP practice questions aligned with the new version of the PMP exam. The answers for the ten (10) questions are in “bold”. The rationale for the answer has also been included for each question.
The questions and answers were composed by PMP-certified Project professional; Ogaga Johnson.
- Brenda is the project manager for an innovative technology solution. She was asked to prepare a one-page snapshot status of the project as well as a detailed project status report. After preparing both documents, the C.E.O. asked her to send the reports to the project stakeholders based on their information requirements. Which document should she check to know the appropriate report to send to each stakeholder?
- Stakeholder Register
- Communication management plan
- Stakeholder engagement plan
- Stakeholder engagement assessment matrix
Answer rationale: The question is asking for the document that contains information on the information needs of stakeholders: the information each person or group should receive, their information requirements, expectations including the level of detail, format, and content of the information. This information is contained in the Communication management plan.
- Mandi is a project manager in a pharmaceutical company, she was assigned a new innovative project and is in the process of determining which project life cycle she would use for the project. Which of the following is matched correctly?
- Predictive = dynamic requirements
- Iterative = single delivery
- Incremental = fixed requirements
- Agile = goal is speed
Answer rationale: The iteration process is about repeating the development process until the product/result/service is correct (this development approach focuses on correctness). It delivers a single product/result/service.
- A daily stand up meeting is typically no longer than?
- 60 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
Answer rationale: The daily scrum meeting or stand-up meeting is typically no longer than 15mins.
- The quality officer on your project just informed you that the 1000 bottles have been produced for the client and wants you to recommend a method he can use to verify the quality of the bottles. What method would you recommend?
- Statistical sampling
- Attribute sampling
- Variable sampling
Answer rationale: Statistical sampling involves choosing part of a population of interest for inspection. The 1000 bottles produced should be the same, therefore, randomly pick a sample e.g 10% and inspect them to access the quality of the deliverable.
- While directing and managing the project work, you notice a deliverable was produced as part of the project deliverables. However, you can’t remember the requirement the deliverable satisfies. What project document would this information be contained in?
- Requirements documentation
- Scope Management Plan
- Requirements management plan
- Requirements traceability matrix
Answer rationale: Requirements traceability matrix is a grid that links product requirements from their origin to the deliverables that satisfy them. This is used to track/trace where requirements are as they move through the phases.
- You are managing the delivery of an online learning tool for your customer. Your customer has a dispute that would require a rework, however, the dispute isn’t your fault. How should you resolve this dispute?
- Take the customer to court
- Accept all disputes from the customer
- Resolve dispute using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Negotiate with the customer
Answer rationale: Negotiation is the preferred method for dispute resolution. Try negotiating first.
- You are at a networking event and a fellow Project Manager informs you that some of the prospective bidders for your project don’t have a clear nor common understanding of the Request for proposal (RFP) that you issued for your project. What would you do to ensure that prospective bidders have an accurate understanding about your project’s RFP?
- Organize a bidders conference
- Review your project advertisement
- Advertise the RFP in clearer terms
- Review submitted proposals to verify if the information is true
Answer rationale: The purpose of the bidders’ conference is to provide potential sellers with an understanding of the project requirements and ensure they have a clear understanding of the procurement request.
- You just finished identifying the risks on a project you are managing. The project sponsor is interested in reviewing a summary of the risks identified. What document would you give the sponsor?
- Risk Register
- Issue Log
- Risk Report
- Risk management plan
Answer rationale: The risk report provides summary information on identified project risks such as the number of threats and opportunities.
- Which of the following is a prevention cost that could be incurred as part of the cost of quality on a project? Pick two.
Answer rationale: Training and equipment are examples of preventive costs incurred due to the cost of quality. Testing is an example of appraisal cost and Rework is an example of failure cost.
- The product backlog and product roadmap are usually developed by who?
- Scrum Master
- Product Team
- Product Owner
Answer rationale: The product backlog and product roadmap are developed by the product owner. The Product owner is responsible for guiding the direction of the product
How did you do in this test? Share your result with me in the comment section.
Wondering how to pass the PMP Exam? Get my FREE PMP Exam Checklist. It contains the 6 powerful tips that I used to prepare, study and pass the PMP Exam with an above target in all domains at my first attempt. It has been updated to align with the new version of the PMP exam.
If you have any questions or contributions, please do so by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
If this was useful, please share this article with your network and on social media using the share buttons below.